The MOCAfellows programme in Dubai will take place in Al Serkal Avenue, an arts and culture district hub to take advantage of the art and cultural immersion that Dubai has to offer. This year’s program will be hosted by FN Designs Studio.
The programme is meant to build the artistic careers of the participating artists by organising workshops on leadership, career-building, branding and fusion artworks. The programme comprises the following elements:
- Business and financial management workshops
- Creative expression workshop
- Canvassing and reviewing a business plan
- Jam session
- Key arts and culture site visits
MOCAfellows (24-26 October 2014)
- MOCAfest begins with a 3-day art residency called the MOCAfellows, a pre-festival programme that allows for emerging creative artists to focus on leadership skills, career building and fusion artworks.
- Through an application process, 15 creative artists are selected from various genres to participate in this residency.
- After the 3-days MOCAfellows, these artists will join the MOCAfest, and connect with the established creative artists, who will be invited to speak and perform at the festival.
MOCAfellows 2013: Jamming Session